Economic configuration decanter centrifuge is the final phase equipment for the drilling solid control system. Keeping the equipment up and running all the time without any downtime will go a long way in determining the overall operational performance of the drilling project.
While it is important to make sure the equipment is kept in good condition and well maintained, making sure that it is being operated in right manner is equally important. A qualified and well trained operator will know the intricacies of operating the equipment and even know to spot the signs to raise the alarm.
Decanter centrifuge is high cost equipment. It is imperative that it is maintained well, after all the economy of overall project will largely depend on such wise measures only.
Here we are outlining a few tips with respect to operation and maintenance of decanter centrifuges :
1. Preparing for start-up: Before starting the centrifuge check all electric control system and related components. Test the rotating belt manually for any glitch. Inspect the overall panel for any alarming signs.
2. Start the equipment: Most of the modern horizontal decanter centrifuge comes with touch panel now that have fairly user friendly command buttons. Using the touch panel, release relevant commands to bring the equipment to start.
3. Preventive procedure: Once you are done setting up the system, do not directly start feeding the system, let it run for 5 minutes, add water to clean the stuck or dried material.
4. Shutting down the equipment: Do not cut off the power all at once and bring the machine to a halt. Gradually slow down the feed and let the machine process the remaining material till it lasts. Repeat the washing and cleaning procedure.
Make sure that no manual handling is done while machine is operational as it may be very risky.
Economic Configuration Decanter Centrifuge is the last phase equipment in solid control system of any industry. It is widely popular industrial equipment. It is used to separate a mixture of solids and fluid of different densities in an efficient manner.
Economic Configuration Decanter Centrifuge has its set of advantages and disadvantages as well. Let us first look at them:
1. The first and foremost advantage of a decanter centrifuge is that it is highly customizable based on the need of the end user. The dimensions of components and the angle at which they will be fitted, all could be customized.
2. Decanter centrifuge is aesthetically superior and is designed in a way to have little or no odor problems.
3. This equipment is easy to install and operate, and does not require huge area to be installed like other competitive technical equipments.
4. Though sleeker in size, the equipment performs at an optimum capacity than it appears to have. That ensures lesser units need to be deployed and enhances the economy of operations.
5. The equipment is not only easy to operate but also a lot easier to optimize to meet the desired result.
6. Horizontal decanter centrifuge greatly reduces the labor costs as it does not demand much maintenance and largely automated so reduces the number of manual operators.
7. In comparison to traditional methods and even other competitive technique, decanter centrifuge performance is very good.
1. A decanter centrifuge is not as effective in filtering biological solids at micro level, such as cells and viruses.
2. The equipment generates high vibration and very noisy when in operation
3. It consumes high energy as it used very high g-force.
4. The overall capital cost for decanter centrifuge is on a higher side. The individual price for the equipment, plus preparing the site with hard surfacing and abrasion prevention, to reduce the wear cost for the equipment.
Economic configuration decanter centrifuge can perform well for a longer period if timely operation and maintenance of the device is carried out.
Economic configuration decanter centrifuge is a vital machine utilized in major industries like the oil, food, waste-water treatment and chemical industry. Hence the engineer has to have a good knowledge about the handling and maintenance of the machine.
The operation of the Economic Configuration decanter centrifuge is as follows:
• Prior to starting the machine the safety protective guards should be installed. When the machine is running, don’t open the guards.
• Don’t touch the rotating parts or moving parts when the decanter centrifuge is in operation.
• Stopping the machine during its operation is also forbidden.
• Only in case of any unusual noise or vibration, the decanter centrifuge should be stopped and troubleshoot.
• The rotating speed of the decanter centrifuge is mentioned in the instructions. Running the same more than the given active speed is forbidden.
• The device should be plugged or unplugged only when the power is cut-off.
The maintenance of the decanter centrifuge is as follows:
• For maintaining the decanter centrifuge for a long time the machine should not be stopped or adjusted when the power is on and the bowl is still rotating. It should be done only on stopping of it completely.
• To open the cover of the collecting box, it should be opened suitably so that the cover should not close suddenly which can injure the operator.
• The decanter centrifuge operators are required to read user manual and other related data, should have working knowledge and the requirement of operations of the machine. The operator should adhere strictly to the handling instruction of the machine.
• Maintenance as the schedules can decreases the downtime thereby increases the production capacity.