Economic configuration decanter centrifuge can perform well for a longer period if timely operation and maintenance of the device is carried out.
Economic configuration decanter centrifuge is a vital machine utilized in major industries like the oil, food, waste-water treatment and chemical industry. Hence the engineer has to have a good knowledge about the handling and maintenance of the machine.
The operation of the Economic Configuration decanter centrifuge is as follows:
• Prior to starting the machine the safety protective guards should be installed. When the machine is running, don’t open the guards.
• Don’t touch the rotating parts or moving parts when the decanter centrifuge is in operation.
• Stopping the machine during its operation is also forbidden.
• Only in case of any unusual noise or vibration, the decanter centrifuge should be stopped and troubleshoot.
• The rotating speed of the decanter centrifuge is mentioned in the instructions. Running the same more than the given active speed is forbidden.
• The device should be plugged or unplugged only when the power is cut-off.
The maintenance of the decanter centrifuge is as follows:
• For maintaining the decanter centrifuge for a long time the machine should not be stopped or adjusted when the power is on and the bowl is still rotating. It should be done only on stopping of it completely.
• To open the cover of the collecting box, it should be opened suitably so that the cover should not close suddenly which can injure the operator.
• The decanter centrifuge operators are required to read user manual and other related data, should have working knowledge and the requirement of operations of the machine. The operator should adhere strictly to the handling instruction of the machine.
• Maintenance as the schedules can decreases the downtime thereby increases the production capacity.
Decanter centrifuge separates the solid material mixed with some liquids that contaminates the water and converts the mud into sludge. It is an important component utilized in petrochemical, food processing and oil industries. These industries will not be able to function in the absence of Centrifuge. The centrifugal force is created by the decanter centrifuge and creates the centrifugal force by rotation.
Operational & Functional Principles of decanter centrifuge:
• The principle of decanter centrifuge is based on the theory of gravitational separation. A component with high density settles at the bottom and the component with lesser density suspends upwards.
The decanter centrifuges increases the rate at which the component settles increases due to the use of continuous rotation. This force is from 1000 to 4000 times than the normal gravitational force. This method of separation gives fast results.
Example: When a glass is filled with mud and water, after few minutes the mud will settle at the base of the glass due to its weight. Since the mud is settled at the base become solid, the water comes upward that creates a separation between the mud and water mixture.
This method of separation by rotation can be compared to that of rides of amusement parks. In the same way the decanter centrifuges basically a bowl tube rotates at a very high speed. The bowl tube has an internal conveyor that moves at different velocity but in the same direction.
The decanter centrifuge is ideal equipment for treating waste water. There are various industries where these types of machines are vital.
The 2-phase separation method is used for Waste water treatment, sludge de-watering, and also food processing.
The 3-phase separation process separates two liquids like water and oil, which have different densities and cannot be mixed together, are separated. This 3-phase separation produces edible oil, bio-diesel and oil sludge.
Decanter centrifuge is one of solid control equipment that uses centrifugal force to aid to the separation of waste matter.
Drilling operations refers to the very process of extracting oil and gas from the earth for various commercial and industrial purposes. The industry is worth trillions of dollars today and is thus a very important part of any country’s development. In the past few decades, the demand for the products like gas and oil went up significantly. This led to a corresponding increase in the drilling activities all across the globe.
Like any other industrial activity, drilling too is bound to have some sort of waste produced as byproduct. This is termed as drilling waste and the term gained much popularity with the rising issues it caused to the environment. This in turn led to another class of waste management being introduced, known as drilling waste management. It involves several processes from maintenance, management and containment to subsequent handling and disposal of drilling waste promising better sustainability and conservation of environment.
In the various processes involves with drilling waste management , one important step is called waste maintenance. This was earlier done with conventional processes like settling and involves separation of the unwanted matter from the desired part and further storage and transportation. However, with advancements in technology and machinery, today the whole process id mechanized. The most popular equipment dedicated for the process is named decanter centrifuge .
As the name suggests, the machine uses centrifugal force to aid to the separation of waste matter. The machinery has a complicated design but with a very basic and simple concept. The mixed substance obtained directly from extraction is allowed to flow to a disc shaped structure. The disc is then rotated. This rotation calls the centrifugal and gravitational forces into action which facilitates the separation of drilling waste from the fuel. The fuel passes through the hole at the centre of the disk and the waste remaining in the structure is passed on for containment.
The equipment consists of moving parts and hence should be cleaned and kept smooth as possible to avoid reduction in efficiency. Also make sure to cut off the power to the machinery if it is to be dismantled for some purposes.