Proper and timely maintenance of horizontal centrifugal sand pumps is necessary to ensure their normal operation and extend their lifespan. This aspect should be given importance for the use of any type of pump.
- Check the oil level on the power end when the oil level stabilizes. This should be done at least once a day. If a chain drive is used, the oil level in the chain box should also be checked.
- Observe the working condition of the cylinder liner and piston. It is normal to have a small amount of mud carried out with the piston. If there is leakage, promptly replace the piston and thoroughly inspect the wear of the cylinder liner. If there is significant wear, the cylinder liner should be replaced in a timely manner.
- Check the cylinder liner cavity in the frame. If there is a large amount of mud or oil deposits, it should be cleaned.
Check the water tank of the spray pump. If the water level is insufficient, it should be replenished. If the water quality is contaminated, it should be replaced. The water tank should also be cleaned.
- Check the inflation pressure of the airbag to ensure it meets the operational requirements.
- Check the reliability of the safety valve and replace it if necessary.
- Check the pressure gauge of the lubricating oil pump for any changes. If the pressure is very low (less than 0.035MPa) or there is no pressure, promptly inspect the inlet and outlet filters for any blockages.
- Loosen the clamp on the piston rod daily. Check if the clamp cone surface, the piston rod, and the connecting surface of the intermediate rod are clean. Rotate the piston rod one-quarter turn and tighten it. This is done to evenly distribute the wear on the piston, prolonging the lifespan of both the piston and the cylinder liner.
- Before tightening the valve cover, apply lubricating grease to the thread surface. Check for any loosening every 4 hours.
- Regularly observe the seals on the valve cover, cylinder liner (including the seal between the wear plate and the fluid cylinder), and the alarm hole. If there is mud discharge, promptly replace the corresponding sealing ring.
Above is the sharing of KOSUN Machinery regarding the maintenance and servicing of horizontal centrifugal sand pumps.
Tags： horizontal centrifugal sand pump, drilling mud centrifugal pump manufacturer, centrifugal pumps for sale
KOSUN- China Solids Control Leader&Drilling Waste Management Expert
Contact person: Monica Li