Before hydrocyclones (desanders and desilters) and decanter centrifuge became available for drilling applications, shale shakers and dilution were the only means of solids control of drilling fluids. Consequently, solids too ﬁne to be separated by the shaker screens in use could be controlled only by dilution which was a costly procedure that generated large quantities of excess drilling ﬂuid. Decanter centrifuge was designed to remove the fine cut and at the same time reduce the drilling cost.
The work principle of decanter centrifuge:Centrifuges, like shale shakers and hydrocyclones, are solids control equipment, It achieves the separation goal by dividing the fluid into highdensity and lowdensity streams to separate one from the other. The processing is achieved by accelerated sedimentation. As the drilling ﬂuid passing through a rapidly rotating bowl, centrifugal force moves the heavier particles to the bowl wall, where they are scraped toward the underﬂow discharge ports by a concentric auger, also called a scroll or conveyor, which rotates at a slightly slower rate than the bowl. The separation of the heavier particles divides the processed ﬂuid into two streams: the heavy phase, also called the underﬂow or cake; and the lighter phase, which is called the overﬂow, light slurry or centrate. The heavy phase will be discarded while the lighter one will be returned to the mud tank to be further treated. The removal of these solids in order to control rheology and ﬁlter cake quality is the primary reason for centrifuging weighted drilling ﬂuids. When the ﬁnest solids are not removed, the only alternative means of reducing their concentration is dilution, always an expensive process.
Features of KOSUN LW serious decanter centrifuge
- Innovative design includes longer bowl for increased retention time, resulting in drier solids and finer cut points
- Big bowl Big Volume, high G force available
- Stainless steel bowl, scroll, compartment and cover resist corrosion and provide long service life.
- Tungsten carbide scroll points with wide spacing flights at tapered end create a finer layer of conveyed solids for consistent, uniform separation and maximum solids control efficiency.
- German FAG or Sweden SKF brand bearings
- Electrical Components: SIEMENS/Schneider ATEX or IEC Ex for option.
- Screw pump & centrifugal pump feeding pump option available to meet different application.
To meet the requirements of the development of modern drilling engineering, KOSUN developed and equipped with the explosionproof variable frequency control system which could adjust separation factor and drum rotational speed.By this new technology,make the centrifuge to adapt property changing of mud duringthe operation process,that make the treatment more effective and perfect.
Kosun- Solid Control System Company