A machine running on a centrifugal force to separate different parts is called a centrifuge. Dehydrator Centrifuge is a common device that is usually found on oil or gas drilling sites.
Dewatering machine Centrifuge for oil and gas drilling machine, basically used to dilute the underground liquid and liquid. The main task of the settling centrifuge is to rotate the drilling fluid, thereby destroying the concentration of these fluids. The overall job function of anything is very complicated.
Centrifugal force is the body in the high-speed rotation by the power. They are commonly used to separate components of different densities, such as water and solids. Decanter centrifuge is a special type of centrifuge that separates
It plays an important role in waste water treatment, chemical industry and food processing. The performance of the settling centrifuge depends on several different factors.
Most of the drilling and handling equipment handling components of the mixture. It is necessary to separate them separately for further processing.
Three types of decanter centrifuges are used in the industry: horizontal, vertical and conveyor. It is basically a high-speed rotating bowl that separates the solid from the liquid matrix. In the case of a drilling industry, inputs are drilling waste.
Centrifuges are easy to install and require less maintenance. Even if skilled operators need to operate them, decanter centrifuges help save a lot of money and improve the overall efficiency of the industry.
Centrifuge provides more flexibility and better feedback mechanisms. This allows the operator to allow the machine to work under different settings to separate the different components. The space required to set up the machine is very small, easy to start or close, allowing multiple units to work at once.
Horizontal Decanter Centrifuge of Kosun with more than 20 years experience in solid control and deserve well recognized by clients all over the world.
Economic configuration decanter centrifuge is the final phase equipment for the drilling solid control system. Keeping the equipment up and running all the time without any downtime will go a long way in determining the overall operational performance of the drilling project.
While it is important to make sure the equipment is kept in good condition and well maintained, making sure that it is being operated in right manner is equally important. A qualified and well trained operator will know the intricacies of operating the equipment and even know to spot the signs to raise the alarm.
Decanter centrifuge is high cost equipment. It is imperative that it is maintained well, after all the economy of overall project will largely depend on such wise measures only.
Here we are outlining a few tips with respect to operation and maintenance of decanter centrifuges :
1. Preparing for start-up: Before starting the centrifuge check all electric control system and related components. Test the rotating belt manually for any glitch. Inspect the overall panel for any alarming signs.
2. Start the equipment: Most of the modern horizontal decanter centrifuge comes with touch panel now that have fairly user friendly command buttons. Using the touch panel, release relevant commands to bring the equipment to start.
3. Preventive procedure: Once you are done setting up the system, do not directly start feeding the system, let it run for 5 minutes, add water to clean the stuck or dried material.
4. Shutting down the equipment: Do not cut off the power all at once and bring the machine to a halt. Gradually slow down the feed and let the machine process the remaining material till it lasts. Repeat the washing and cleaning procedure.
Make sure that no manual handling is done while machine is operational as it may be very risky.
Drilling Decanter Centrifuge operates on the principle of centrifugal force. It is based on separation of material via buoyancy. The centrifugal force is applied for accelerated settling of solids by increasing g-force.
So a lot of components get covered in the working of a decanter centrifuge – g-force, accelerated centrifugal force, viscosity of fluid in which solids are submerged, speed of conveyers, density of different matters, feed rate, etc.
Drilling Decanter Centrifuge applied in solid control system of an oilfield drilling operation would typically be the last phase equipment in the process. The equipment will create high degree centrifugal force in the bowl to separate drilling fluid from the drilling waste .
The centrifugal force created by the centrifuge will contribute in this separation and the solid thus obtained will be carried through a conveyer that’s running at a different speed than the bowl, for further discharge. The g-force applied to the bowl will be anywhere between 1000 Gs to 4000 Gs.
The material to be filtered will be fed to the decanter centrifuge at a certain rate or speed, the bowl in which they are carried, will be set to rotate at a certain rate and inside the bowl, the conveyer will be running at different/slower speed to carry of the solids. The rotations will generate centrifugal force inside the bowl that will force the drilling cutting to settle out and the fluid or mud will be collected in the center of the bowl for discharge.
As we know the actual output will greatly vary depending upon the earlier mentioned aspects, different designs and types will use different dimensions. The size of the decanter or the diameter, rotation per minute, limit of g-force, density of material, rate of feeding the material, and the differential speed of conveyer to carry separated solid for discharge. All of these factors could be manipulated to achieve the desired output from the decanter centrifuge equipment. Another factor is for how long the material was stored or kept inside the bowl.
Economic Configuration Decanter Centrifuge is the last phase equipment in solid control system of any industry. It is widely popular industrial equipment. It is used to separate a mixture of solids and fluid of different densities in an efficient manner.
Economic Configuration Decanter Centrifuge has its set of advantages and disadvantages as well. Let us first look at them:
1. The first and foremost advantage of a decanter centrifuge is that it is highly customizable based on the need of the end user. The dimensions of components and the angle at which they will be fitted, all could be customized.
2. Decanter centrifuge is aesthetically superior and is designed in a way to have little or no odor problems.
3. This equipment is easy to install and operate, and does not require huge area to be installed like other competitive technical equipments.
4. Though sleeker in size, the equipment performs at an optimum capacity than it appears to have. That ensures lesser units need to be deployed and enhances the economy of operations.
5. The equipment is not only easy to operate but also a lot easier to optimize to meet the desired result.
6. Horizontal decanter centrifuge greatly reduces the labor costs as it does not demand much maintenance and largely automated so reduces the number of manual operators.
7. In comparison to traditional methods and even other competitive technique, decanter centrifuge performance is very good.
1. A decanter centrifuge is not as effective in filtering biological solids at micro level, such as cells and viruses.
2. The equipment generates high vibration and very noisy when in operation
3. It consumes high energy as it used very high g-force.
4. The overall capital cost for decanter centrifuge is on a higher side. The individual price for the equipment, plus preparing the site with hard surfacing and abrasion prevention, to reduce the wear cost for the equipment.
Horizontal Decanter Centrifuge is a machine widely used in major industries to separate solid particles in a liquid. It rotates a very high speed creating the centrifugal force which causes the particles with higher density to move downwards and accumulate at the base. The movement speed is much higher than it would be under a normal gravitational force.
Horizontal Decanter Centrifuge machine has a base, a rotating tube that is vertical to the base and two vials that at fixed by the centrifuge arms to the rotating tube. The centrifuge arms are fixed on the top of the tube that rotates and hence can move upright at 90. On spinning of the tube, the materials are pulled by the centrifugal force into the vials towards the center.
The inertia of higher density components is also higher so they respond less to the centrifugal force. This lets them outward and the lesser density component are pulled inwards. This process leads to the separation of mixture of different components.
Carl de Laval, a Swedish Engineer had invented the centrifuge in 1883. He used it to isolate the cream from milk. In 1920, Theodor Svedberg, also a Swedish Engineer further worked on Carl de Laval’s experiment and improved upon it. He created the ultracentrifuge that is used to separate the tiny particles of same weight. The vials are not very big in diameter in a ultracentrifuge.
In different industries the centrifuges used are rotated on different ranges between 1000 and 15000 rpm. In some other scientific applications the rotation is on a very high rate that can create a force of more than 25000 times as that of gravity.
The University of Colarado also invented a super-centrifuge. This is used to test effects of explosions on building.
The centrifuge invented by Laval is used for separating the impurities like water from oil, waste-water treatment to purify the water.
Decanter Centrifuges are machines that are used in separating various densities in a liquid. The separating process is done very efficiently by a decanter centrifuge. There are many advantages and a few disadvantages as well of this equipment.
• The appearance of Decanter centrifuges is clean and is almost odourless.
• The decanter centrifuges device can be installed easily and is start up and shutting process is very fast.
• It needs minimum area for its operation.
• The variety in size of the cylindrical bowl and the cone angle allows choosing various applications.
• With different design curves the system is pre-programmed that calculates the type of sludge. Due to its flexibility the machine has different functions like the operating for dewatering and thickening.
• Compared to other smaller machines, the decanter centrifuge operates on a high throughput capacity that minimizes the requirement of units.
• Its variety and reliability feedback option makes the decanter centrifuge easy to operate and effective.
• The cost on labour has reduced as it does not require continuous attention for maintaining and operating.
• The performance level of decanter centrifuge is much higher if compared to other competitive process.
• For various industrial functions and processes decanter centrifuges are the perfect solution.
• Biological solids with minute density cannot be separated by the decanter centrifuge. This is best done by the tubular bowl centrifuge.
• At times the decanter centrifuge can be very noisy and also causes vibration.
• Due to the high G-forces it consumes a large amount of energy.
• The narrow range with changeable conditions limits the performance of the device.
• Right type of sealing material should be selected that are both chemical and thermal resistant.
• Compared to other varieties of centrifuges, the decanter centrifuge is cheaper.
Decanter centrifuge is one of solid control equipment that uses centrifugal force to aid to the separation of waste matter.
Drilling operations refers to the very process of extracting oil and gas from the earth for various commercial and industrial purposes. The industry is worth trillions of dollars today and is thus a very important part of any country’s development. In the past few decades, the demand for the products like gas and oil went up significantly. This led to a corresponding increase in the drilling activities all across the globe.
Like any other industrial activity, drilling too is bound to have some sort of waste produced as byproduct. This is termed as drilling waste and the term gained much popularity with the rising issues it caused to the environment. This in turn led to another class of waste management being introduced, known as drilling waste management. It involves several processes from maintenance, management and containment to subsequent handling and disposal of drilling waste promising better sustainability and conservation of environment.
In the various processes involves with drilling waste management , one important step is called waste maintenance. This was earlier done with conventional processes like settling and involves separation of the unwanted matter from the desired part and further storage and transportation. However, with advancements in technology and machinery, today the whole process id mechanized. The most popular equipment dedicated for the process is named decanter centrifuge .
As the name suggests, the machine uses centrifugal force to aid to the separation of waste matter. The machinery has a complicated design but with a very basic and simple concept. The mixed substance obtained directly from extraction is allowed to flow to a disc shaped structure. The disc is then rotated. This rotation calls the centrifugal and gravitational forces into action which facilitates the separation of drilling waste from the fuel. The fuel passes through the hole at the centre of the disk and the waste remaining in the structure is passed on for containment.
The equipment consists of moving parts and hence should be cleaned and kept smooth as possible to avoid reduction in efficiency. Also make sure to cut off the power to the machinery if it is to be dismantled for some purposes.
Decanter Centrifuge that is a machine based on centrifugal operation to separate different components is called a centrifuge. Which is welcomed by domestic and foreign customers.
A settling centrifuge is a special type of centrifuge that separates solid components from liquids such as drilling waste. Centrifugal force is the force that the object experiences when rotating at high speed. They are commonly used to separate components of different densities, such as water and solids.
Sedimentation centrifuges play an important role in wastewater treatment, chemical and food processing. The performance of the settling centrifuge depends on several different factors.
Most of the drilling and treatment plants deal with the mixture of components. They must be separated for further processing.
The main three types of settling centrifuges are used in industry:
The settling centrifuge is essentially a bowl that is rotated at high speed to separate solids from the liquid matrix. In the case of a drilling industry, the input is a drilling waste .
Centrifuge is very easy to install and requires less maintenance. Even if skilled operators need to operate them, the decanter centrifuge helps save a lot of money and improves the overall efficiency of the industry.
Centrifuge provides more flexibility and better feedback mechanisms. This allows the operator to allow the machine to work under different settings to separate the different parts. The space required to install the machine is very small, easy to start or shut down, allowing multiple units to work at once.
Decanter centrifuge is not without restrictions. The machine will produce a lot of noise and vibration. It can not separate biological components and has high energy consumption. The initial cost of setting up the machine is quite high. The rotating parts are also prone to wear and tear over time.